Enjoy your own luxurious bush home on a private Big 5 game reserve with ample outdoor space to take in your natural surroundings and the comfort and ease of the open-plan design.
Gondwana’s private Bush Villas offer the luxury amenities of Gondwana’s Safari hotel, in addition to complete privacy and awe-inspiring views. These luxury self-catering Country Homes are ideal for families and groups of friends who prefer Villa Rentals: longer stays and the flexibility to visit the surrounding Garden Route and its award-winning Golf Courses and top beaches, using Gondwana Game Reserve near Cape Town as a base. All Private Villas are situated within a large, safe area that is fenced for freedom of movement and inhabited by plains game. Gondwana is one of the only Private Safari Lodges that offers luxurious, value accommodation that is well-suited to families and groups of friends.
Fynbos Villas – Located next to Kwena Lodge, Exclusive Use, 3 bedrooms.
Bush Villas – Located 10 km from Kwena Lodge, requiring self-drive to lodge for meals and game drives.
The Afro-chic Fynbos and Bush Villas are approximately 240m2 in size with 2, 3 and 4 en-suite bedroom configurations availableVilla Specifications:
- Double volume thatch roof with open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area
- Living room has wood fireplace and folding windowed doors leading onto an expansive deck with breath-taking views of the Western Cape landscape
- Large, luxurious bedrooms with seating areas, private decks and gas fireplaces
- Spacious bathrooms with deep baths, walk-in showers and a pair of basins
- Flat screen TV, DVD player, Telephone (Note – TV Network services not available)
- Built-in Braai, (Wood Barbeque) fully equipped kitchen with microwave and dishwasher completes this premium self-catering accommodation
- Nearby five-star Lehele Lodge serves gourmet meals and screens sporting events on a big screen TV in the bar. The Safari Hotel also boasts a library with computers and Internet access, as well as expansive outdoor areas featuring an infinity pool overlooking one of Gondwana’s beautiful valleys.
- Enjoy an afternoon Big 5 Game Drive or Fynbos walk with one of our expert Game Rangers.
- 1000 hectare protected area available for hiking, fishing and mountain biking.
Gondwana Private Game Reserve, and our Luxury Safari Lodge and villas, are accessibly located in the Western Cape’s idyllic Garden Route with numerous top attractions nearby, including seaside Garden Route Golf Courses, charming coastal towns including Mossel Bay, Knysna, and Plettenberg Bay, stunning swimming and surfing beaches, local vineyards, and many adventure sports such as deep sea fishing, Shark Cage Diving, and Paragliding. World-class Golf Courses, such as The Links at Fancourt, are just a short drive away. Gondwana’s staff will be happy to organise any of these activities for you. The Safari Park itself is a 45-minute drive from George Airport, and a scenic 4-hour drive from Cape Town Airport.
Cape Town was awarded Best Destination in Africa at the 2014 World Travel Awards. The Mother City has received this award 14 times in 16 years. Cape Town was also named the New York Times Top Travel Destination in a recent list, with highlighted attractions including Hiking on Table Mountain and visiting Robben Island, the former prison island that once held political prisoners, including Nelson Mandela.
Book one of our private bush villas now and experience the magic of Gondwana for yourself.
Please view our Booking Guidelines for Children page