Gondwana welcomes children of all ages to enjoy its natural splendor. Below are some guidelines to help you plan your stay with the little ones.
- Children under the age of 12 years old are accommodated with their families in Luxury Bush Villas.
- Children rates applicable for children under twelve (12), Children under six (6) stay free
- Children under the age of 6 stay free when sharing with 2 full paying adults
- Families are booked into Private Bush Villas for their comfort and convenience with additional amenities like kitchen facilities, separate en-suite bedrooms, large outdoor decks, flat screen TVs and DVD players to assist with the little ones. (Cots & rollaway beds are available)
Children under the age of 6 are not allowed on the standard game drives for their safety and the enjoyment of other guests. However, the lodge team will try to make a family vehicle available for guests with younger children or an exclusive use vehicle can be rented for a surcharge (R3000 per drive/day). These game viewers will then be able to accommodate children between the age of 2 and 6 on game drive. Please note both of these scenarios are subject to availability and are not bookable in advance, only upon check in.
Junior Ranger Experience
- Children age 6 – 12 can join in on junior ranger experience.
- The program includes educational game drives, interactive activities, junior ranger packs and completion badges.
- The younger children’s activities will be based mainly around the lodge to stay closer to parents
- On arrival families will be informed about the Junior Ranger program and their ranger will enquire about any special requests, dietary, babysitting or otherwise.
- Children will receive a fun Ranger’s backpack and cool safari booklet to fill in throughout their stay. During game drives and other activities with their ranger, kids will be taught how to identify mammals, birds, Fynbos species, and even stars.
- They will gain a greater understanding of conservation and our precious eco systems. They will be quizzed on what they’ve learned by their ranger and receive a level 1 Junior Ranger Patch and completion certificate, as well as a picture with their ranger for their safari book.
- Children’s menu’s are available at all times. Please advise us should your children have any specific dietary requests, and we will gladly accommodate them
- If parents wish to dine in privacy, baby sitting can be arranged in the Villas with in room dining meals for Kids to enjoy
- Babysitting is available at a rate of R110.00 per hour per child.
- Children age 12 years and older are welcome to participate on Guided Walks