Arguably the best Family Safari Accommodation in Africa….
Gondwana’s Fynbos Villas and Bush Villas offer the luxury amenities of a Safari Lodge with all the comforts of home ideal for families and groups of friends. Each stylish villa offers spacious, open plan interiors with three or four en-suite bedrooms. Each villa is situated for complete privacy and awe-inspiring views from their expansive outdoor decks. Various packages can be booked with the villa accommodation from Full Board (3 gourmet meals at the nearby Kwena Lodge and 2 daily game drives) to Half Board to the B&B and Daily Game Drive package. The B&B package allows for family braais in your villa and time to explore the surrounding Garden Route if you like with its award-winning Golf Courses and top beaches, using Gondwana as a base.
Fynbos Villas – Located adjacent to Kwena Lodge, Exclusive Use, 3 bedrooms.
Bush Villas – Located 10 km from Kwena Lodge, requiring self-drive to Kwena or Lehele Lodge for meals and game drives. This is a 20-25 minute drive from the main lodge. Exclusive Use, 3 and 4 bedrooms.
- Double volume thatch roof with open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area
- Approximately 240m2 in size with 2, 3, and 4 bedroom configurations
- Living room has wood fireplace and folding windowed doors leading onto an expansive deck with breath-taking views of the Western Cape landscape and built in braai (wood BBQ)
- Large, luxurious bedrooms with seating areas, private decks and gas fireplaces
- Spacious en-suite bathrooms with deep baths, walk-in showers and double basins
- Flat screen TV, DVD player, Telephone (Note – TV Network services not available)
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave and dishwasher
- Nearby Lehele Lodge and Kwena Lodge serve gourmet meals and screen sporting events in the Lehele Lodge bar. Both Safari Lodges boast large infinity pools, lounge and bar areas, elegant dining rooms as well as a library with computers and WiFi. Each lodge has expansive outdoor dining areas overlooking Gondwana’s beautiful landscape.
- Enjoy Game drives with expert Field Guides in open Land Rovers
- Junior Ranger program for children including custom conservation materials and eco fun with their Ranger
- 1000 hectare protected area available for hiking, fishing and mountain biking.
Gondwana Game Reserve, and our Luxury Safari Lodge and villas, are accessibly located in the Western Cape’s idyllic Garden Route with numerous top attractions nearby, including seaside Garden Route Golf Courses, charming coastal towns including Mossel Bay, Knysna, and Plettenberg Bay, stunning swimming and surfing beaches, local vineyards, and many adventure sports such as deep sea fishing, Shark Cage Diving, and Paragliding. World-class Golf Courses, such as Pinnacle Point and The Links at Fancourt are just a short drive away. Gondwana’s staff will be happy to organise any of these activities for you. The Reserve is a 45-minute drive from George Airport, and a scenic 4-hour drive from Cape Town Airport.
Cape Town was awarded Best Destination in Africa at the 2014 World Travel Awards. The Mother City has received this award 14 times in 16 years. Cape Town was also named the New York Times Top Travel Destination in a recent list, with highlighted attractions including Hiking on Table Mountain and visiting Robben Island, the former prison island that once held political prisoners, including Nelson Mandela.
Book one of our private bush villas now and experience the magic of Gondwana for yourself.
Please view our Booking Guidelines for Children page