The rehabilitation and promotion of biodiversity for all ecosystems falling within the Cape Floristic Kingdom on Gondwana Game Reserve and in the surrounding area.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Removal of alien vegetation
- Water conservation within Wetland Systems
- Sustainable fire management in the region
Land Restoration Program
- GCF is embarking on an eight to ten year restoration program on Gondwana Game Reserve through the removal of all Alien vegetation species on the reserve and the rehabilitation of disturbed land as a result of the infestation
- Key objectives of the project include
- Job creation
- Alien removal (primary: wattle and secondary: Port Jackson & Hakia)
- Wetland rehabilitation
- Land rehabilitation
- Removal of unwanted biomass regarding fire management
- The project incorporates numerous role players including Gondwana, SAN Parks, Cape Nature, Fire Protection Association, Provincial Government and the private sector.