Tented Eco Camp / Base Camp
Game Drives in free roaming Big 5 game reserve
Gondwana Game Reserve has developed a one of a kind conservation tourism experience for student groups who want to get more meaningfully involved in Africa on their safari. Participants will be involved in wildlife and veld management, learn important bush skills and interpretation, and simply enjoy a behind the scenes view of a Big Five private game reserve. The research and findings from the program are fed back to Gondwana’s conservation department to assist in decision making enhancing the reserve management plan. The itinerary will include plenty of game drives, bush walks, and down time in an utterly inspiring landscape. This is your chance to get involved with the important conservation work of a Big Five game reserve and not only enjoy but contribute.
Your base during the program will be in our eco-friendly, solar powered, stylish tented camp set in a protected Fynbos valley in the heart of the game reserve. The camp facilities include 5 large, comfortable twin or king share tents (converted to sleep 3 people) set on raised platforms each with a private bathroom and covered deck area. All meals are provided in the camp’s outdoor dining boma or in the main communal tent which includes kitchen, lounge, and dining areas, with a nearby pool and hammock relaxation area. The safari style cuisine is wholesome, homemade and hearty with braais and stews for dinner and wraps and salads for lunch. A private dedicated team of 2 expert field guides, a chef and housekeeper look after the student group of 15 for an incredibly educational, exclusive and exciting experience.
Ethno-botanical fynbos experience with resident expert
- 5 Day Conservation / Safari Program (Thursday arrival).
- Accommodation in remote, solar powered, tented eco bush camp
- All Food and local beverages included
- Twice daily Housekeeping Service (including all linen and towels)
- All conservation activities and Game Drives on private vehicles dedicated to the camp
- Camera trap monitoring
- Water quality surveys
- Predator monitoring with the use of radio telemetry
- Elephant dung sampling
- Ethno-botanical fynbos experience with resident expert
- Buffalo management experience
- Game counts
- Alien tree species eradication
- Game Drives in free roaming Big 5 game reserve
- Walking Safari
Predator monitoring with the use of radio telemetry
Camera trap monitoring
Buffalo Management Experience
In-camp with chef Abo, preparing pot bread for the fire.
Elephant Dung Sampling
Outdoor Dining Under The Stars
Sleeping Under The Stars