Gondwana offers Western Cape Safari Lodges for sale on a breathtaking wildlife estate in the idyllic Garden Route of South Africa.
There are 5 residential areas within the reserve located several kilometres apart
- Each housing area (at least 300 hectares) is fenced for safety and freedom of movement and inhabited with plains game within the 11 000 hectare (27000 acre) reserve.
- Each home site or plot is surrounded by ample undeveloped land allowing for spectacular views of wildlife, nature and the Outeniqua Mountains.
- Each North facing home site is situated within a 1 hectare (2.5 acre) exclusive use area
- Each home site is placed discretely into the landscape for minimal visual impact to the surrounding
- Gondwana is one of the lowest density developments in South Africa – its development density is less .027% of the total land.
Game Reserve Site Plan & Residential Areas
Amenities & Services
- All home sites are serviced with 2×4 road access, Eskom electricity, potable water and telephone/internet supply
- Owners have exclusive traversing rights and full access to the reserve.
- Owner’s luxury Club House / bush lodge available for owner recreation and dining.
- Home owner club house facilities include reception, bar, lounge, dining, library with computer, administrative offices, and spacious outdoor areas including pool (See Lehele Lodge Album below)
- Refuge Collection from each housing camp provided as part of levy
- Tourism Safari Lodge with top quality facilities at your disposal: (5 Star Accommodation, Dining, Game Drives, house keeping.)
- Secure Environment: 2.4 meter electric perimeter game fencing with 24 hour manned security at entrance and exit gate
- Extensive 4×4 game drive routes
- Professional Game Ranger facilities – Guided walking, driving, & birding safaris
- 1000 hectare or 2400 acre pretected endangered species are area with trail network for Fynbos walks, birding, mountain biking, fishing and picnics
- Viewing hides
- Fishing dams
- Long Term Parking Facility
- Shuttle service to and from airport
- Housekeeping and Maintenance services available
Lehele Lodge – Owner’s Club House
Legal & Financial Details
- Free hold title ownership of property
- 4 years to build from transfer
- Monthly levy (2016: R2 970) maintains reserve and covers all household services except direct electrical costs metered in house.
- ROI potential through participation in the reserve rental pool
Download information on buying South African Property as a foreigner Buying Property as a Non South African
Download Gondwana’s Legal Contracts
A Sound Investment
- The Development is over 90% sold with only 15 Home Site left from the Developer.
- Gondwana is one of its kind as the only bush estate in the Southern Cape.
- One hectare spacing of homes and distances between housing areas is unprecedented in lifestyle development and gives you the freedom to truly enjoy your natural surroundings
- Gondwana Game Reserve is the last rural development of its kind in the Western Cape. New
Provincial laws have been passed making residential development (freehold title) outside the urban
edge virtually impossible.