Imagine co-existing with herds of wildlife in a vast and beautiful place. . .
The first of its kind in the Western Cape, Gondwana Game Reserve offers the chance to own a bush property in a private game reserve with 5 star amenities and the ultimate luxury . . . space to enjoy your natural surroundings.
Situated in the heart of the Garden Route you will find a beautiful piece of land that will stir your senses. Set on 11,000 hectares of dramatic terrain, Gondwana Private Game Reserve holds the distinction of being the only Fynbos reserve in the world with free roaming big five game, herds of antelope as well as endangered species like the Cape Mountain Zebra and Bontebok.
The game reserve is ideally and accessibly located in the picturesque Garden Route just 4 hours drive from Cape Town and 45 minutes from George Airport. Nearby charming coastal towns, pristine beaches and top golf courses are on Gondwana’s doorstep. The Mediterranean climate affords prime year round game viewing and is recorded as the second most moderate climate in the World next to Hawaii.
There are 5 Private Residence areas within the reserve located several kilometres apart
- Each housing area (at least 300 hectares) is fenced for safety and freedom of movement and inhabited with plains game within the 11 000 hectare (27 000 acre) private, Big Five game reserve.
- Fynbos Camp adjacent to the tourism lodge is unfenced
- Red Rocks Valley and Milkwood Valley are located within the 1000 hectare fenced endangered species walking area, which allows for the most freedom of movement from your doorstep.
- Each home site or plot is surrounded by ample undeveloped land allowing for spectacular views of wildlife, nature and the Outeniqua Mountains.
- Each North facing home site is situated within a 1 hectare (2.5 acre) exclusive use area
- Each home site is placed discretely into the landscape for minimal visual impact to the surroundings.
- Gondwana is one of the lowest density developments in South Africa – its development density is less .027% of the total land.
Game Reserve Site Plan & Residential Areas
*Click the map below to enlarge
Amenities & Services
- All home sites are serviced with 2×4 road access, Eskom electricity, potable water and telephone/internet supply.
- Game Viewing – Owners have exclusive traversing rights and full access to the free roaming big five reserve with extensive 2×4 and 4×4 game drive routes
- Big 5 species: lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant
- 24 herbivore mammal species
- 18 predator species
- over a 1000 species of Fynbos plants
- Malaria Free and moderate Mediterranean climate
- Lehele Lodge is the owner’s luxury Club House available for recreation. Spacious facilities include reception, bar, lounge, dining, library, administrative offices, and expansive outdoor areas including a beautiful infinity pool (See Lehele Lodge Album below)
- Refuse collection from each housing camp and potable water provided as part of levy.
- The 5 star tourism safari lodge, Kwena Lodge offers top quality amenities at your disposal: (luxury accommodation, gourmet dining, game drives with expert field guides, house keeping service and Africology spa.)
- Professional Game Ranger facilities – Guided walking, driving, & birding safaris
- Successful Rental Pool run by hotel management gives owners opportunity of renting their home (bush villa) when not in use for a return on your investment.
- Secure Environment: 2.4 meter electric perimeter game fencing with 24 hour manned security at entrance and exit gate
- 1000 hectare or 2400 acre protected endangered species area with demarcated trail network for mountain biking, Fynbos walks, birding, or hiking.
- Viewing hides, Fishing dams, and picnic sites
- Shuttle service to and from airport can be arranged
- Housekeeping and Maintenance services available
- 25-minute drive from Mossel Bay and its beaches, shops and restaurants with top private hospital
- 15-minute drive from Pinnacle Point Golf Estate
- 45-minute drive from George Domestic Airport
- 4 hours drive from Cape Town and winelands
Private Residence Gallery
Lehele Lodge – Owner’s Club House
Legal & Financial Details
- Free hold title ownership of property
- Monthly levy (2020: R3,805) maintains reserve and covers all household services except direct electrical costs metered in house.
- ROI potential through participation in the successful Gondwana rental pool
- The Development is over 90% sold with only 15 plots left from the developer.
A Sound Investment
- The Development is over 90% sold with only 15 Home Sites left from the Developer.
- Gondwana is the only free roaming Big Five game reserve in the Southern Cape.
- One hectare spacing of homes and distances between housing areas is unprecedented in lifestyle development and gives you the freedom to truly enjoy your natural surroundings.
- Gondwana Game Reserve is the last rural development of its kind in the Western Cape. Provincial laws have been passed making residential development (freehold title) outside the urban
edge virtually impossible.